No One Ever Believes You When You're 29


I have been blogging for Zack's birthday since 2008, so that means this is his 6th Happy Birthday Post.

  • In that time I have shared with you the story of his birth (and how he was 5 weeks late arriving, weighing in at 9 lbs. 11oz.)
  • I've shared with you Zack's great qualities (like how gentle and kind he is with people the world tends to overlook or push into the margins).  
  • I've shared with you what a great Big Brother Zack is (and how he once put the fear of God into someone who was bullying his little brother and how I FEAR for any boy whom ever wants to date his sisters!)
  • And I've shared with you some funny secrets about Zack (like how he slept with a stuffed dog named Dylan until he was in 7th grade, and how he can dance like Michael Jackson . . . for real).


So what else is there to say about this man?

That sounds crazy in my own ears . . . this man.

First, I'll say this, you're a good son, Zack Jones.  You're a good brother, a good friend, a good husband (but Christina will have to vouch for that one), and some day you're going to be a great father.

You are tenacious, dedicated, fiercely protective, incredibly loyal, brilliant, talented, hysterically funny, sometimes a pain in the buttocks, helpful, generous, and a lover of Jesus.

When I think about the moments in your life that have been the most incredible to me, they are the moments I have witnessed you loving others.  Not so much with words, though you are good at that, but with your actions, showing the smallest kindnesses to people who needed them most. And if I erased every word I have ever written about you and left just this one paragraph, it would be saying a lot about you as a man.


These boys always have fun!

He brings out the best in her. No one else can make her smile this way!
One of our sweet babies.  Man he loved this guy!


Sometimes he's just so crazy!  And yet, his dad can remain straight faced!
One of the best decisions he ever made!

One of my favorite casual pics of us! This was a lot of years ago.
Always willing to have fun with his sisters.
Zack gave this homeless man shoes once and then years later ran into him again!
Very cool.

All that to say, Happy Birthday to you, Zack Jones.  For the next year, no one will believe you when you tell them your age.  You enjoy that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.