Day 41.5 Making Adoption Affordable - Call Today

So, anyone who knows me knows I am not particularly politically savvy or active (other than I vote, and try to do so in an educated way).  Today was the first day I have EVER called my Congressman's office.  I called because this is OBVIOUSLY incredibly close to home for me and many, many people I know.  If you would please make a phone call on my behalf and on behalf of the many families who will/want to adopt children in the future, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Just follow the instructions below.  It took me 3 total minutes to make the call to my Representative Kevin Brady.  A call is better than an email please.

All that to say, thank you for helping make adoption affordable.


                                                         ADVOCACY ALERT, CALL-IN DAY: ADOPTION TAX CREDIT

USE YOUR VOICE: ASK YOUR U.S. REPRESENTATIVE
TO CO-SPONSOR H.R. 4373


Action:

We are contacting you today to urge you to call your Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives. You can reach your Representative by calling the U.S. Capitol Operator at 202-225-3121 and asking for your Representative's office. If you don't know your Representative's name, go to http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and enter your zip code in the box provided.

Message: (I LITERALLY JUST READ THIS TO THEM VERBATIM)

  • I am a constituent in your district and the adoption tax credit is important to me. (It matters to me because…)
  • I urge the Representative to become a co-sponsor of The Making Adoption Affordable Act, H.R. 4373.
  • If Congress does not act – the credit as we now know it – will expire in December 2012.
  • H.R. 4373 is bipartisan and it supports all types of adoptions (domestic private, foster care, and international adoptions).
  • This tax credit has made adoption a more viable option for many parents who might not otherwise have been able to afford adoption, allowing them to provide children with loving, permanent families.
  • Thank you for your support of H.R. 4373.

If you want to learn more about the adoption tax credit go to http://adoptiontaxcredit.org/

Also, “like” the Save the Adoption Tax Credit mission on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AdoptionTaxCredit



Thank you for taking a few minutes to make this important phone call!

Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to act on this important request!
National Foster Parent Association

1 comment:

  1. I did it too... and it was easy although I was nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.