Day 26: Family Matters

In the last several months, as I have been thinking about the adoption of our daughters, I have been thinking about family and the importance of it.  The family you are born into, married into, adopted into . . . they have the greatest impact on your life.

Over the course of the next days, weeks, months, I want to share some of my family with you.  You learn so much from your family.  I have learned so much from mine.

If you are fortunate enough, your family will  teach you how to love.  And you will learn this because they love you well.  They love you despite your faults and your many shortcomings.  They love you unconditionally. 

They teach you valuable life skills like how to negotiate, how to concede, how to argue, how to reconcile.

You learn to grieve loss, celebrate victories, overcome obstacles, and survive setbacks.


Family should be your greatest allies.  They should be your greatest supporters.  Your greatest friends.  Your greatest teachers. 

But sometimes they aren't.  And I know that firsthand.  I love them though.  All of them.


All that to say, I hope you enjoy getting to know the people who have shaped my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.