Day 25: F-A-I-T-H

As I was praying the other day, I was thinking about the word FAITH and all that it implies.  For those of us who have brains that feed on logic, words like FAITH can be terrifying.  Terrifying because typically things that require us to have faith seem to defy logic.

Oddly enough, the next day our Creative Arts Pastor asked me to give him some thoughts toward our prayer service which was going to be about faith.  (love it when God does that . . . stirs us all up about the same thing).

So as I thought about it, I thought about an acronym I heard at a student camp once, (and one for which I teased its originator continually!)  The acronym was FAITH  F-Forsaking A-All I T-Trust H-Him.  And that made me think, "What does 'forsaking all' look like lived out?"

Forsaking All.

For me that starts with logic.  Just because something doesn't make sense doesn't mean I shouldn't do it. I've had plenty of conversations with God where I say, "But Lord, that just doesn't make sense."  And He says, "Trust me."

Forsaking the opinion of others, because if there is anything that is going to trip me up, it's what others think of me and my decisions.

Forsaking status.

Forsaking convention.

Forsaking political affiliations.

Forsaking. All.

All that to say, What if I just stripped myself naked of all encumbrances and ran with wild abandon toward the goal set before me?  Now THAT would be faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.