Spanish, Furniture Stores, and Jesus

This morning started okay. Except that is was Friday, my day off, and I was awakened by my alarm at 6:30 A.M.! on my day off! Did I mention it was my day off? And I was being awakened by my alarm on MY DAY OFF because I was going to drive in to work ON MY DAY OFF to do some training with my team (and just to be fair, it was also their DAY OFF). But it was the only day we could all manage to get in to do this training.

The training wasn't until 9:00 a.m., but since we have moved to Houston, my commute that used to be 15 minutes, is closer to an hour, so I had to get up at 6:30 A.M. on my . . . yep, my day off so that I could make the commute and get there on time. But I'm not bitter.

I scurried around, threw a load of laundry in, folded a load of clothes, then rushed out the door, hoping to make it to the chiropractor before I had to go to work on MY DAY OFF :) (I just like to keep saying that!) I jumped in my car, started it and put it in gear, and it promptly died. I started it again, backed down to the end of the driveway, stopped to look for traffic, and . . . it died. I started it again, backed out into the street, put it in drive, and of course, it died. But I perservered, thinking maybe it just needed to warm up, or maybe I bought some bad gas, or something else like that. Long story short, I ended up with a very dead car in the middle of the highway.

I got it to the shop and was courtesy shuttled home by the nicest man named Jose. We had the best conversation about my spanish skills, and furniture stores, and Jesus. He asked me a lot of questions about the difference between being a Catholic and being an "evangelica." Once we arrived at my house, we even sat in the driveway and talked for several more minutes.

All that to say, based on the start of this day, I think I could be in a pretty bad mood right now, but I'm not. When I got out of my car, I was happy. Really happy. And all because of a man named Jose. Thanks Jose. You made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Spanish, Furniture Stores, and Jesus" to our Directory of Furniture .You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    furniturechoice.info Team

    http://www.furniturechoice.info

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.