Day 115: Analyze This

I used to dream about people chasing me. They were always horrible dreams that ended up with me cowering down in an alley and trying to scream a death scream but nothing would come out but a guttural groan. I don't have those dreams anymore. They stopped when I started learning how to run. Weird, huh?

But, now I dream about running in races.

Last night I dreamed that I was running in the Houston Marathon and I realized right before the race that I still needed to change into my running shoes. When I reached into my bag to get them, I pulled out a pair of "dress up" tennis shoes, the kind designed to look cute but have no other real purpose.

I told my friend Kim what had happened and she said "the group" would wait to start the marathon while I ran into the mall adjacent to the starting line to get a new pair of shoes. When I ran into the mall, there were weird t-shirt shops, coffee bars and kids' play places (you know, like those giant play structures in the middle of malls these days) but not a single athletic shoe-selling store in the place.

Frantic, I jumped off the top of the mall with my parachute and flew home (true story) only to find that someone had moved into my home. It was my realtor and her kids, which prompted me to remember that we had moved. But I was very concerned that my realtor and her kids had moved into my home and they were living out of cardboard boxes they had staged as furniture.

Still in a panic about my shoes, I called my husband to see if he could come and get me and take me to get my shoes. He was very hard to hear on the phone and when I asked him what he was doing he said, "Spelunking." Seriously. He even sent me an iphone picture (which totally has to be a dream b/c we all know AT&T doesn't get a signal in normal places, so it sure isn't going to get a signal in a freaking cave!

But he reassured me that he could be home in 15 minutes (which made me start thinking maybe he really was Batman and that we had a cave under our house).

So, he got home, drove me to get my shoes at our house where we were living with a bunch of other people, and drove me back to the marathon where all my friends had already started, even though they totally said they would wait for me. Could I help it that it was 6 hours later? So, I got mad at all of them and said I would be running the Austin half alone.

All that to say, somebody analyze that please.

1 comment:

  1. Love the dream. Very similar to some of mine, although I must admit mine aren't about entering races. Because me no run much...

    Such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.